HAPPY NEW YEAR

The forums contained in this website are for Registered Users only. If you have already registered please login to your respective forums.

Moderators: greg, Steve_Butler

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Postby Wayne Saillard » Mon Jan 01, 2007 10:27 pm

Just a quick note to wish a HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone on this first day of 2007. May it bring health, happiness and satisfaction to all in all they do.

Regards

Wayne
Wayne Saillard

Postby greg » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:24 pm

Hi Mounteds,

The New Zealand Mounted Rifles Association would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a Happy and Prosperous New Year for 2007.

2006 was a year of “setting up” of the Association and I think we are well on the way, however this will be an on going exercise as we develop towards our objectives. You may ask what our objectives are and to remind you these objectives are as follows:

1. Establishment of the NZMR Memorial Troop.
2. Establishment of a broad membership base.
3. Establishment of the 4 regional areas.
4. Continued development of our website.
5. Further development of NZMR Museums and displays.

The continued success of the Association is entirely dependent on the commitment by the executive committee and its members. To date this commitment has been exhibited by all concerned to which the Association is most grateful.

2007 will need to see the Association grow it Membership base and to achieve this it is suggested that all financial members seek out like minded individuals to join the Association as a financial member. Many people are reluctant to be involved, fearing a commitment to the Association would mean less time for other things and more work to an already heavy work load. Members need not involve themselves to such a degree unless they are in a position to do otherwise. The simple fact that they are financial members goes a very long way, so please ensure that when seeking members that their support is in itself “doing work” for the Association.

2007 will also need to see a fund raising plan put into place as all funding agencies like to support organizations that are at least doing their bit. There have already been a few discussions on this subject, let us now put it into practice.

As I have stated in the past, as President of the Association I will do my best to help achieve our objectives, however there will be times when I will need you all to keep me going and I invite you all to do just that. If you have issues to bring up or discuss please do so and do not hesitate. The forums are serving our communications very well.

Many thanks to all and to all ONWARD.
G.I. Bradley
greg

Return to General