Happy Birthday NZMR Association

The forums contained in this website are for Registered Users only. If you have already registered please login to your respective forums.

Moderators: greg, Steve_Butler

Happy Birthday NZMR Association

Postby greg » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:49 pm

Today the Association is 1 year old and I would like to thank all members for their outstanding work and support they have given this fledgling Society. Without your efforts I believe the story of our Mounteds will never be properly recognised by the people of New Zealand, Australia or Britain. However there is a lot of growing up to do, there is alot of learning, understanding, sharing and giving.

Although the focus of the Association is the NZ Mounted Rifles in detail, there will, however, be associations with its brothers the Cameliers, The Machine Gunners and a whole lot of others that the Mounteds lived and worked with. As a developing Society we need to maintain the focus and develop those issues that directly concern the Mounteds. This is not to say that we should exclude the other sources, on the contrary, we should welcome all inputs, but not lose focus.

Membership will continue to be a major requirement for the Association to work on, as well as affiliation with existing Associations like the NZRSA, NZ Army/Museum and other historical and genealogical groups. Current membership stands at 30.

I look forward to the challenges that 2007 will bring and hope that all members and those yet to be members join in to make the NZMR Association Inc. a source for future generations.

I take this opportunity to wish you all A Merry Christmas and A Happy and Prosperous New Year.

Ake Ake Kia Kaha
G.I. Bradley
greg

Return to General