1934 NZ marked jodhpurs

1934 NZ marked jodhpurs

Postby anzac21 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:00 pm

G'day all,

I'm still keeping up on the forum, i posted some time ago about getting nzmr kit and uniforms etc. at any rate, i have seen a pair of the mounted riding trousers or jodhpurs i guess on ebay, they are dated 1934 but are NZ army marked

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... TQ:US:1123

heres a link to the trousers. the chap, Phillip of Auckland, is willing to go to about 50 us, and im wondering first of all if these trousers would be authentic and would be acceptable to use with the nzmr uniform and secondly if this is a good deal if they are authentic. I havent ever really seen mounted trousers on ebay at all, so i have no idea of cost or whatnot. and i havent ever really found out if there is anyone who does a decent repro for any of the uniform or hat. If anyone has info on someone to buy uniform bits from PLEASE POST!!! as i really want to get my kit together. im moving back to Auckland from America in a few months time, and im hoping to get more involved and maybe meet a few of you face to face...

cheers and thanks so much

Hyrum Palmer
anzac21

Re: 1934 NZ marked jodhpurs

Postby greg » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:17 pm

Hi anzac21,

Sorry for not replying earlier. Had a look at the item and they should pass the muster for mounted use. There are a great variety of riding breeches (military) and I have about 6 different ones. If I had the money I would get it as part of my collection.

Hope this helps,

Regards and best wishes
G.I. Bradley
greg

Re: 1934 NZ marked jodhpurs

Postby anzac21 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:34 pm

thanks gi bradley,

i will try and pick them up then. and if you have any info on where i can get more of the mounted gear, it would be much appreciated mate.

cheers

hyrum palmer
anzac21

Return to The Quartermaster's Store