Squadron interactive map

Check here to see latest Changes to the NZMR Website.

Moderators: greg, Steve_Butler

Squadron interactive map

Postby Steve_Butler » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:14 pm

With the amount of hits coming from off-shore in the last few months I decided to make up an interactive map of New Zealand - I shall put the map on various pages shortly - but here first up is the map on the:

http://www.nzmr.org/updates.htm

page. This allows the visitor to roll the cursor over the map and see where the men and the squadrons were placed that made up the NZMR.

The background colours also represents the three squadrons that made up each regiment:-
Blue: AMR
Black: WMR
Red: CMR
Yellow: OMR
Steve_Butler

Postby greg » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:46 pm

Great idea with the map, however I feel that the QAMR Region and the Manawatu region may be incorrect. The QAMR has its orgins in the Waganui South, Warrengate area, 1864. The Manawatu MR takes in the Rangitikei region but leaves out the Wanganui/Taranaki area. This is with respect to the Defence act of 1911. Does this make sense? I may be wrong but I am just now looking at the book "Kiwi Trooper" and the book "Regemental Badges of New Zealand as reference. Comments?
G.I. Bradley
greg

Postby Steve_Butler » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:29 am

The big part was writting the programme - now that is done there is no problem changing a few boundaries - in fact I expected it :wink:
Send me a boundary sketch drawing and the map image is easily updated.

Actually I was more worried about the Central Otago/Otago boundaries!!!!
are they correct??
Steve_Butler

Postby Steve_Butler » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:06 pm

Just a quick note to you all, but especially Jeff and Wayne - Thank you for your emails I have received them but as of this time have been busy and have not spent much time on the net of late and so I am slow to respond. (after all the weather is beautiful at this time of year, have been Paua diving in Cook Straight last week and now the waters of the Waitemata beckon :)

However I am pleased to publish my name and address here for any further contact that members would like to post to me - I have received a number of bits and pieces, cd's pics - thanks to all - I promise they will make it to the site in due course.

Steve Butler
60 Miller Street
Point Chevalier
Auckland 1002
New Zealand
telephone: (country code 64)-9-8469784
Steve_Butler

Return to NZMR Website Updates