Gravesites of the Middle East.

Check here to see latest Changes to the NZMR Website.

Moderators: greg, Steve_Butler

Gravesites of the Middle East.

Postby Steve_Butler » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:16 am

Updated:
http://www.nzmr.org/gravesites.htm

With the amount of material coming in from Gal in Israel and Wayne in Malta it was time to move on these pages - and still plenty of work to do on the page above.

Question: Terry do you want a by-line for your Jerusalem picture on this head image (I personally would like to include it as, hopefully, it will urge people to send in other material)

Question: What was/is the actual proceedure to interning these men? Obviously the men are first placed in hurried graves at the actual site of the conflict - however These bodies must be exhumed and moved to a designated War Cemetry - what was the time delay here, who did the headstones? where?
such information should be posted on the site - thanks members.
Steve_Butler

Re: Gravesites of the Middle East.

Postby Steve_Butler » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:21 pm

Taking a look at the work I need to do to update all the colour photographs we have of the ME gravesites I couldn't help myself at least posting this "newly" accuried image from last month. First to show comparrisons I have included the original page image first - both are images of the CWGC grave site in Jerusalem (2002 and 1920)

One can see the sameness and the differences between the two photos all these years apart. Here young Jewish children decorate the soldiers graves. The "Dome" can be seen on the left of the picture by the arm of the large cross.
Steve_Butler

Return to NZMR Website Updates